MINUTES OF THE GRADUATE CURRICULUM COMMITTEE MEETING
October 7, 2004
PRESENT: Craig (AE), DeWeerth (BME), Green (MATH), McIver (REG), Parker (ISYE), Parsons (MGT), Peponis (COA), Sanders (MSE), Smith (AE), Woodall (INTA), Zhou (ME),
VISITORS: Dieci (MATH), Woodall (INTA)
1. The minutes of the electronic meeting concerning the MS in Operational Research being offered by video mode were approved electronically. A motion was made to approve the minutes of the August 26, 2004 minutes. The motion was seconded and approved. Unanimous.
2. The SCHOOL OF MATHEMATICS requested that the name of the masters degree be changed from Master of Science in Applied Mathematics to Master of Science in Mathematics. A motion was made to approve the request. The motion was seconded and approved. Unanimous.
3. The SCHOOL OF INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS requested that the degree requirements for the Mater of Science in International Affairs be change to require a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and individual course grades of C or better. This is an informational item since the new requirements exceed the Institute requirements.
4. The sub-committee reported on the petitions that were reviewed. A motion was made to accept the sub-committee report. The motion was seconded and approved. Unanimous.
5. The committee reviewed twenty-one petitions and heard one personal appeal.
All were approved except noted:
1-appeal to have grades in CS course changed to Ws. (denied)
1-to return fall 2004 after being withdrawn summer 2004
5-to withdraw from course(s)
1-to change academic standing with contract
1-to increase hours in course from 1 to 3
6-to waive 7-year rule/two fulltime terms of enrollment
3-to count/substitute hours/course(s) towards other course(s)/degree
1-to change degree awarded from MS to MSIE
2-to be readmitted fall 2004
1-to have basis of course changed to pass/fail
M. Jo McIver