GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
MEETING OF THE EXECUTIVE BOARD
Tuesday November 27th 2001 3:00 pm.
Poole Board Room, Wardlaw Center
1. Introductory remarks. (President)
2. Approval Executive Board minutes of October 23, 2001.
3. Proposed revisions of the Statutes governing representation on the Undergraduate and Graduate Committees. Timetable for approval by the Faculty. Sandra Corse; Chair of the Statutes Committee.
4. Discussion of the current status of the “five year post-tenure review of faculty” process. (This year completes the first full cycle of the program). Decisions on membership of the Institutional Oversight Committee for 2002. McMath.
5. Discussion of “quorum” problems in small faculty committees; a suggestion to designate “official alternate” members.
6. Discussion of major agenda items for the two meetings early in Spring term. (GFA/AS combined on February 5. GFA on February 26).
7. Liaison reports on the following committees:
Statutes Committee (Welch)
Student Academic and Financial Affairs Committee (Wardi)
Faculty Benefits (Swank)
8. Approval of Nominating Committee for 2002. (Welch and Allen).
9. Any other business.
Edward W. Thomas
Secretary of the Faculty
November 21, 2001
Note: No EB meeting is scheduled for December. The next scheduled meeting will be on January 15, 2002.
Attachment to be distributed at the meeting:
EB minutes of October 22, 2001