GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
MEETING OF THE EXECUTIVE BOARD
Tuesday, September 26, 2000, 3:00 p.m.
Poole Board Room, Wardlaw Center
1. Announcement of Election:
Said Abdel Khalik (ME) elected Chair; Gisele Welch (GTRI) elected Vice Chair
2. Remarks by the President
3. Approval of minutes of the EB meeting of August 22, 2000
4. Review of Operations of the "Student Academic and Financial Affairs Committee".Presentation by Jo McIver
5. Presentation of the final version of the report on "Reappointment, Promotion and Tenure Practices". By McGinnis and LeBlanc
6. Resolution proposed by the Library Subcommittee regarding journals and cost
7. Decision on the Agenda for the October 10, 2000 meeting of the General Faculty Assembly and of the General Faculty
8. Decision on faculty membership of the "Five Year post Tenure Review Oversight Committee" Proposal by McMath
9. Administrative matters:
(a) Gordon Wishon (OIT) appointed to replace Jack Cooper (MGT-- who has retired) on the Academic Service Committee. (Result of e-mail vote)
(b) Proposed reappointment of Pat Ledon to be the "Staff Representative" on the EB
(c) Communication from Barefield that his proposed "Campus Leave Policy" (EB minutes Sept. 28, 1999) will not be submitted to the GFA for endorsement but will be handled as an administrative matter
(d) Discussion of the mechanism for making changes to the "Faculty Handbook"
(10) Any Other Business
Edward W. Thomas
Secretary of the Faculty
Sept. 13, 2000
Attachments to be distributed at the meeting:
(1) Minutes of August 22 EB meeting
(2) Statutes covering operation of the "Student Academic and Financial Affairs Committee"
(3) Report by the committee on "Reappointment, Promotion and Tenure Practices"
(4) Library subcommittee proposed resolution
(5) Proposed Agenda for October 10th meeting of the GFA and the GF