GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
MEETING OF THE EXECUTIVE BOARD
Tuesday, March 12, 2002, 3:00 PM
1. Introductory remarks. (President)
2. Approval Executive Board minutes of February 12, 2002. [See attachment 1].
3. Revisit the proposal for a policy on class absences for “Religious Observances”
4. Discuss follow up on the debate regarding “grading policy”.
5. Replacement for the Secretary of the Faculty.
6. Decision on Agenda for the April 23rd Academic Senate Meeting (Also to be a called meeting of the General Faculty). Items proposed to date:
(a) Statutes Changes:
UCC and GC representation (second reading).
Student Regulations Comm; addition of Registrar (first reading).
Faculty Status and Grievance Comm; changes to duties (first reading).
(b) Motion to Award Degrees
(c) Interim report by the Committee on Academic Misconduct.
(d) Change to Secretary position.
7. Any Other Business.
Edward W. Thomas
Secretary of the Faculty
March 1, 2002
Attachments to the Agenda distributed at the meeting:
(1) Minutes of February 12th 2002 (May be accessed at http://www.facultysenate.gatech.edu/ebmins12feb1.html)