GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
SPRING MEETING OF THE ACADEMIC SENATE
ANNUAL MEETING OF THE ACADEMIC FACULTY
Tuesday April 24, 2001, 3:00 PM, Student Center Theater
1. Opening Remarks by the President
2. “U-21 Global/Thomson Learning Collaboration” (Information item)
3. Approval of Minutes of the 5 December 2000 Academic Senate Meeting. (For posting see Note 1)
4. Presentation of Degree Candidates. Jo McIver, Registrar.
5. Report of the “Ad-hoc Committee on Evaluation of Instruction” by Andy Smith.(For posting see Note 2).
6. The new “Computer Network and Usage Policy” by Gordon Wishon. (Details see note 3 below)
7. Approval of Committee Minutes and action items from the Undergraduate and Graduate Curriculum committees; also from the Student Rules and Regulations Committee. (See note #4 below for specific reference to items).
8. Any Other Business
Edward W. Thomas
Secretary of the Faculty
17 April 2001.
(a) December 5 AS Minutes at http://www.facultysenate.gatech.edu/asmins5dec.html
(b) Report of the Ad-Hoc committee on Evaluation of Instruction is posted at
(c) Computer Network Usage Policy is posted at
(4) Commitee minutes to be submitted for approval
(all posted at: http://www.facultysenate.gatech.edu/CommitteeMinutes00‑01.html)
(a) Undergraduate Curriculum Committee.
12/6/00; 12/13/00; 1/4/01(all student related matters)
2/28/01 (CS course substitution; student related matters)
(b) Graduate Curriculum Committee. 4/12/01( New courses Inta. Aff., Chem Eng, CoC and LCC. Changes to PhD and M.S. course requirements in Chem Eng.)
(c) Student Regulations Committee.
11/30/00 (catalog changes)
1/31/01(catalog changes; student bill of rights)
2/14/01(student point of contact; bill of rights)
3/12/01(mid term grades required).
3/26/01 (Revised Student honor Code; Change to Extracurricular Activities Section)
[For Honor code see: http://www.facultysenate.gatech.edu/code.html
For Extracurricula Activities see: http://www.facultysenate.gatech.edu/extracurricula.html]