GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
SPRING MEETING OF THE
ACADEMIC FACULTY AND OF THE ACADEMIC SENATE
Also CALLED MEETING OF THE GENERAL FACULTY
Student Center Theater
1. President’s Remarks.
Convening First as a Called Meeting of the General Faculty.
2. Proposed changes to Statutes. [For full details see below]
(b) First reading of proposal that the Registrar be added to the membership of the Student Regulations Committee
(c) First reading of a proposal to change the duties of the Faculty Status and Grievance Committee.
3. Proposed replacement of the “Secretary of the Faculty”.
Convening Secondly as a regular meeting of the Academic Senate.
4. Motion to Award Degrees to Students Graduating in the Spring Term (Registrar).
5. Approval of Minutes of the Senate meeting on 4 December 2001.(Link to copy— see below)
6. Interim Report of the “Committee on Academic Misconduct”. (Cheryl Contant)
7. Approval of Minutes of Committees of the Academic Faculty and action items arising therefore. [For detailed list below].
8. Any Other business.
Edward W. Thomas
Secretary of the Faculty
Details of matters to be discussed at this meeting may be found through the following links:
1. Statutes Changes.
(a)Second reading of proposed changes related to UCC and GC (altered composition and slight change to duties): see
(b) First reading of proposed change to Student Regulations Committee (addition of Registrar as a non-voting member): see
(c) First reading of proposed changes to the Faculty Status and Grievance Committee (substantial changes involving elimination of certain statutory duties): see
Minutes of the Academic Senate of
3. Minutes of Standing Committees of the Academic Senate (and action items resulting therefore): see http://www.facultysenate.gatech.edu/Committee Minutes01-02.htm
(a) Undergraduate Curriculum Committee.
(b) Graduate Committee.
(c) Student Regulations
(d) Student Academic and
(e) Student Computer