Welfare and Security
October 22, 2001
Members Present: Tom Akins (CO-OP), Mary Ann Ingram (ECE), Frank Lambert (ECE), Lionel Lemarchand (ModL), Carole Moore (ACAD SVC), Chair, Barbara Henry (OSP), Ex Officio
Members Absent: Gail Palmer (ECE), Meredith Robinson (U Student)
1. The meeting was called to order at 9:35 AM by Carole Moore, Chair.
2. The minutes from the September 24th meeting were read and approved.
3. Mary Ann Ingram, the representative for the Campus Safety Task Force, gave a report. The committee has reviewed crime trends, current practices, and related issues. As a result of the data gathered, subgroups were formed to focus on vehicle theft and larceny, theft in buildings, violent/serious crime, late-night movement, and education/communication.
She also briefly discussed two separate Task Forces created by President Wayne Clough to address terrorism, mail handling and crisis communications.
4. Tom Akins, the representative to the Parking and Transportation Committee, reported he had attended its last meeting, but was told he was not a voting member. Carole Moore indicated she would investigate and report back.
5. Barbara Henry, Frank Lambert, and Lionel Lemarchand volunteered to serve on the Diversity Subcommittee to make recommendations to the Executive Board.
6. The next Welfare and Security Committee meeting will be December 3rd at 9:30 AM.
7. There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 10:30 AM.