Welfare and Security
January 14, 2002
Members Present: Tom Akins (CO-OP), Carole Moore (ACAD SVC), Chair, Barbara Henry
(OSP), Ex Officio
Members Absent: Mary Ann Ingram (ECE), Frank Lambert (ECE), Lionel Lemarchand (ModL), Gail Palmer (ECE), Stephen Popick (U Student)
1. The meeting was called to order at 9:45 AM by Carole Moore, Chair.
2. The minutes from the December 3rd meeting were read and are pending approval.
3. Moore reported that faculty elections are coming up. Recommendations and nominations can be made via the GT web site.
4. Moore reported that there would be a final Crisis Management Task Force meeting in February. Bob Thompson, Chair, will submit a report on emergency response following the meeting. The information from this report will be disseminated to appropriate personnel.
5. The committee considered projects for Spring Semester 2002. Among the projects suggested were faculty governance and privatization of the GT Bookstore.
6. The next Welfare and Security Committee meeting will be February 11, 2002 at 9:30 AM.
7. There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 10:15 AM.