Welfare and Security Committee
Research Administration Building Boardroom
WSC Members Present: Jilda Garton, Chair (GTRC); Jane Wyant (COE); Tom Adkins (DOPP) ex-officio; Hal Irvin (OOD);
The WSC approved the Minutes from December 11 , 2006.
Following the Agenda
will write a "thank you" letter to Rosalind Meyers and will address
suggestions made by WSC:
- To also keep in mind the low cost alternatives (satellite/remote/ride-in location).
- That parking fees costs remain a significant issue.
- Jilda will also write a letter to the Provost (and cc Ray Vito) we're looking forward to working PTAC.
i. Problems are getting worse, more vehicles are occurring, still no policy.
ii. Correspondence on this topic goes back to 2002.
iii. Concerned there will be a tragic accident
iv. Would like to add Segways to the policy
- Bob Thompson – staffed the project to Theresa Crocker and Cindy Smith.
- Should see something in the next 3 weeks.
- Distributed revised and new student handbook.
- #19 addresses disruptive behavior that may be threatening faculty.
- Commend Office of Students for revised procedure and timelines.
The next meeting is scheduled for February 12, 2007 @ 3 pm in RAB's boardroom.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 4:04 p.m.