Welfare and Security Committee
Research Administration Building Boardroom 3:00PM
WSC Members Present: Matthew Noury, Jilda Garton, Erika Via, Mark Demyanek and Bob Pikowsky, Dave Millard. Absent: Robert Furniss, Hal Irvin, Wayne Whiteman.
1. The WSC January & February meetings will be moved to 2nd Tuesdays in the month @ 2 p.m.
- January scheduled date is January 8, 2007 @ 2:00 p.m in RAB’s boardroom.
- February scheduled date is February 12, 2007 @ 2:00 p.m. in RAB’s boardroom.
2. December 10, 2007 @ 3:00 p.m. Andy Altizer will be our invited guest.
3. Responses to the GTENS SYSTEM for Andy Altizer:
- Building safety plans address the distribution of notice
- Evacuate in concentric circles by activating fire alarms
- Announce what incident happened and where:
- Give address
- Give landmark
- Evacuate campus make all roads one-way out
- Gathering list of scenarios for possible emergencies that might occur so that a model message scripts can be developed.
- Emphasize implementation of updating campus plan and duty roster.
- Students want it fixed:
- Messages need to be detailed
- Communicate out
- Address ways to get on the air
- Interstate message boards
- Transportation of students and shelter to go to.
- Campus PA system – 7 speakers – ADT – high tech
- Set-up Police at perimeters to direct traffic.
- PA system in buildings
- Use flat panels, campus cable “situation displays” – available in sororities and fraternities.
- Rebuild Red books
- Review campus plan – recommend draft - review and comment.
4. Cart Policy – low speed vehicle and sustainability policy
5. Defensive Driving Policy – policy doesn’t exist.
The next meeting is scheduled for December 10, 2007 @ 3 pm in RAB's boardroom.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 4:00 p.m.