Welfare and Security Committee
Research Administration Building Boardroom 3:00PM
WSC Members Present: David Millard, Bob Pikowsky, Hal Irvin, Matthew Noury, and Jilda Garton. Absent: Michael Schaepe, Erika Via and Wayne Whiteman.
2. Reviewed 2006-2007 Activities
a. Cart Policy
b. AED Plan Implementation
c. Parking Cost
3. Discussed campus emergency plan
· Will place Pandemic Flu Plan on T-square
· Will invite Andy Altizer to a meeting to discuss campus emergency/disaster plan.
There are 3 separately maintained call box systems:
Housing, Parking and Police.
· Low hanging power lines near O’Keefe – there is an initiative to bury all power lines – eventually.
· There is a dark secluded area behind MARC. It is designated green space but it needs lighting or security.
1. Invite John Grovenstein to discuss:
- ORP contributions
- Other benefits changes
2. Review Ex-Patriot Employee Policy when draft is released
3. Address Pedestrian Safety – particularly North Avenue crosswalks and 10th Street Crosswalks.
4. WSC will use T-square to communicate.
6. Old Business
1. Follow up on AED proposal
2. Follow up Motorized on Cart Proposal
3. The committee expressed thanks to Michele Green