Welfare and Security Committee
Research Administration Building – 1st floor conference room - 3:00PM
WSC Members Present: Jilda Garton, David Millard, Robert Pikowsky, Matt Noury, Wayne Whiteman and Mark Demyanek (permanent guest).
Introduction of members to the 2009 WSC.
Jilda Garton – Associate Vice Provost for Research – Georgia Tech Research Corp.
Mark Demyanek - Asst VP-Environ Health & Safety- Environmental Health & Safety
David Millard - Principal Research Engineer - GTRI-Info Tech TL (GTRI-ITTL)
Matt Noury - Research Engineer I - GTRI-Info Tech TL (GTRI-ITTL)
Robert Pikowsky - Academic Professional - Public Policy
Wayne Whiteman - Senior Academic Professional - Mechanical Engineering
Election of 2008-09 Chair
Bob Pikowsky was elected as the 2008-2009 Chairman of WSC. As the new chair Mr. Pikowsky changed the WSC meeting dates to the 2nd Tuesday of each month @ 3 p.m.
A representative to present the Annual Report
Mr. Pikowsky will present the annual report at the General Faculty and General Faculty Assembly meeting on October 21, 2008.
WSC’s goals for 2008-09
Address Parking Safety Issues
- The new location of parking
- Define the perimeter of parking security
- Secured & unsecured parking lots
- Look into GSU’s recommendation for parking
Close Circuit Camera’s
- review the development of the camera system integrated by GT
Locks on classroom doors
- Update the effort being made on campus
- Make a high priority
Sirens on campus
- Indoor & outdoor procedures
- Effectiveness of systems
- Dead zones
Low Speed Vehicle policy
- Legal affairs currently drafting a policy / follow-up
- Mandatory defensive driving class
- Cost factors
- Locations of AED machines on campus
Campus Fire Safety
- Right to know act recently passed by the Fed. Govt.
- Fire incidents needed to be reported annually
- Identify sprinkled and non sprinkled buildings
- Bike paths
- Rules & regulations of biking on campus
- Pedestrian Safety
- Contractor Safety / Flagman
The meeting was adjourned at 4:03 p.m. The next WSC meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, October 14, 2008 in the GTRC Board Room in the Research Administrative Building.