Welfare and Security
Members Present: Tom Akins (CO-OP), Mary Ann Ingram (ECE), Frank Lambert (ECE),
Lionel Lemarchand (ModL), Carole Moore (ACAD SVC), Chair,
Absent: Gail Palmer (ECE), Stephen Popick (U Student), Jean Swank (GTRI), Ex
1. The meeting was called to order at by Carole Moore, Chair.
2. The minutes from the 22 April and 13 May meetings were read and approved.
5. The floor was opened for nominations for committee chair. Carole Moore was re-elected after discussion.
The committee reviewed and provided feedback on a letter drafted to the
Executive Board on faculty governance.
7. A discussion ensued regarding the Parking and Transportation Committee. Ingram will replace Lemarchand and join Akins representing Welfare and Security on the committee. A letter will be sent to Rosalind Meyer urging more faculty input into decisions.
8. The committee considered projects for the upcoming year. In addition to the ongoing projects, mentoring for under-represented, untenured faculty, parking, and space allocation.
9. The next Welfare and Security Committee meeting will be 23 October at
10. There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at