Welfare and Security Committee
Meeting of December 9, 1999
Present: Julie Sinor (GTRI-ITTL), Gary Parker (ISyE), Frank Lambert (ECE), Jim Cannady (GTRI-ITTL), Robert Lang (GTRI-RSO), Chuck Donbaugh (OHR) (guest), Carole Moore (Provost), chair
Absent: Gisele Welch(GTRI-EOEML), Meredith Robinson Meredith Robinson (UG Stu), Caroline Clower (Grad. Stu)
- The meeting was called to order at 10:05 a.m. by Carole Moore, chair.
- The minutes of the December 9 meeting were read and approved.
- Discussion ensued over the pending parking statutes. It was agreed that when they are presented at the General Faculty Meeting that a prefatory statement would be read to indicate the need for better communication with the faculty on these issues. Carole will meet with Narl Davidson to discuss his role on the Institute Parking Committee. At a future meeting the new Director of Parking, Rodney Weis, will be invited to attend.
- It was decided that the committee will look closely at the Master Plan and its approval process. It will attempt to anticipate issues that may have an impact on the faculty.
- On-site childcare seems to be moving forward and is under the auspices of OHR. Chuck Donbaugh will be invited to the next meeting to provide an update.
- Other issues to be pursued:
- Family Leave Policy. Carole will talk with April Brown for clarification and to determine if the committee may wish to be involved.
- It has been some time since the committee has been briefed on the safety and security of the campus. Chief Vickery will be asked to meet with the committee and review the latest statistics.
- There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 11:00 a.m. The next meeting will be at 10:00 on January 27, 2000.