Welfare and Security Committee
Meeting of November 4, 1999
Present: Julie Sinor (GTRI-ITTL), Gary Parker (ISyE), Frank Lambert (ECE), Robert Lang (GTRI-RSO), Gisele Welch(GTRI-EOEML), Caroline Clower (Grad. Stu) (guest), Carole Moore (Provost), chair.
Absent: Meredith Robinson (UG Stu), Jim Cannady (GTRI-ITTL),
The meeting was called to order at 10:05 by Carole Moore, chair.
- After welcome and introduction, the committee reviewed the work from the previous year and discussed the possible issues before it for the current year.
- The following issues were presented:
- Follow-up on the parking statute proposals before the General Faculty
- Examination of the master plan as it relates to faculty issues
- Review of the status of on-site childcare
- Building air quality
- Resurgence of faculty governance
- After considerable discussion, the committee decided to concentrate its efforts on parking and childcare as well as canvas colleagues for other possible areas to explore.
- The meeting was adjourned at 11:15. The next meeting will be on December 9, 1999 at 10:00.