MINUTES OF THE UNDERGRADUATE CURRICULUM COMMITTEE MEETING
PRESENT: Byars (MGT), Choi (BIOL), Davis (ECE), Guzdial (COC), Hughes (ECE), Jarrett (COA), Kingsley (PUBP), Lynch (ME), McIver (REG), McMATH (Provost), Stasko (COC), Tone (HTS), Wills (ECE)
VISITORS: Ahmed (COC), Benkeser (BME),
A motion was made
to approve the minutes of the
Change the following course to type B – lecture/supervised lab
ECE 8020 Professional Communication Skills
Change the following courses to type C – lecture/unsupervised lab
ECE 4110 Internetwork Programming
ECE 6323 Power System Protection
ECE 6340 Electric Power Quality
Change the pre-requisite for BMED 3160 Systems Physiology I to: (CHEM 3511* or CHEM 4511*) and BIOL 1510.
Change the pre-requisite for BMED 2300 to: BMED 2200 and CS 1371
* Prerequisite with concurrency
BMED 2200 Fundamentals of Engineering Science 3-0-3
BMED 2200 to replace BMED 3200 which will be made inactive Summer 2004.
BMED 2200 and BMED 3200 are equivalent courses.
Replace CS 1321 with CS 1371 in the curriculum for the BS degree. A blanket substitution of CS 1371 for CS 1321 requested for all students graduating under earlier catalogs.
Delete the MGT 3101 as a management elective and add MGT 3000.
ISYE 4106 Senior Design 0-12-4
This course replaces ISYE 4104 and ISYE 4105. ISYE 4106 should be used as a blanket substitution for ISYE 4104 and 4105 for students graduating under earlier catalogs.
4356 Space Systems Design Project I (
4357 Space Systems Design Project II (
Change the curriculum for the BS degree as follows:
Replace (AE 4350 and AE 4351) with (AE 4350 and AE 4351) or (AE 4356 and AE 4357)
Curriculum changes for the BS CS:
1) Remove ECE 2030 (3 credit hours) as a required course.
2) Remove CS 2130 and 3500 (each 4 credit hours) as required courses and phase out offering them.
3) Create new courses CS 2110, 3240, 3510 and 4510.
4) Designate CS 2110, 3240 and 3510 (totaling 10 credit hours) as required for the BS CS degree.
5) Designate CS 4510 as a Theory specialization course.
6) Deactivate CS 4500.
7) Reduce the total number of credit hours required to graduate from 127 to 126.
8) List CS 2110 as prerequisite to CS 2200, replacing ECE 2030 and CS 2130
9) List CS 2335 as prerequisite to CS 2340 instead of as prerequisite or co-requisite.
10) List CS 3240 as prerequisite to CS 4240, replacing CS 2200.
These changes should be effective as of Fall Semester, 2004.
CS 2110 Computer Organization and Programming (
CS 3240 Languages and Computation (3-0-3)
CS 3510 Design and Analysis of Algorithms (3-0-3)
CS 4510 Automata and Complexity Theory (3-0-3)
10. The Committee heard an appeal of a previous petition decision.
M. Jo McIver