Student Academic & Financial Affairs Committee
October 20, 2005
Minutes of Meeting
Present: Greg Corso (Psych), Cheryl Gaimon (Mgt), Patty Sobecky (Biol), Mo Li (MSE), Chris Skipweth (UG student rep), Ed Omiecinski (CoC) Chair
Guests: Ingrid Hayes, Director of Admissions
Absent: Registrar, Executive Board Liaison, Undergraduate and Graduate student representatives
1. The meeting was called to order by Ed Omiecinski at 2pm, in the J.S. Coon building, room 148.
2. The minutes from the September meeting were distributed and approved by the committee.
3. Ingrid Hayes, Director of Admissions, gave an overview of the admissions process. Some of the topics mentioned were the following:
- increase in applications
- acceptance yield
- 2006 freshman summer session
- criteria for admission
- admission of transfer students
4. The next Committee meeting will be held November 17, 2005.
5. The meeting was adjourned at 3:05pm.