Student Academic & Financial Affairs Committee
February 14, 2006
Present: Greg Corso (Psych), Cheryl Gaimon (Mgt), Mo Li (MSE), Rita Pikowsky (Registrar), Linda Cabot (OIT) Exec. Board Liaison, Chris Skipweth (UG student rep), Charles Simons (UG student rep), Ed Omiecinski (CoC) Chair
Guests: Marie Mons, Director Student Financial Planning & Services, Jennifer Mullins, Assoc. Dir. Student Financial Planning & Services
Absent: Patty Sobecky (Biol)
1. The meeting was called to order by Ed Omiecinski at 11:10AM, in the J.S. Coon building, room 150.
2. The minutes from the November meeting were distributed and approved by the committee.
3. Marie Mons, Director of Student Financial Planning & Services, presented an overview of her office's activities. Some of the topics discussed included the following:
- statistics about financial aid applicants/recipients at GT
- trends in student financial needs
- process enhancements and projects
- outreach activities
4. The next Committee meeting will be held March 14, 2006.
5. The meeting was adjourned at 12:10PM.