Minutes of August 29, 2005
Members Present: Ron Bohlander - GTRI (Chair), Russell Gentry - Arch (Exec. Bd. Liaison), Paul Griffin – ISyE, TyAnna Herrington – LCC
Members Absent: George Johnston – Arch., Tim Strike – GTRI - excused
Vacancy: Student representative
1. Ron Bohlander, past chair, called the meeting to order at 10:00 a.m. in Electronics Research Building, Room 116.
2. The committee re-elected Ron Bohlander the chair and elected Paul Griffin as vice-chair.
3. Ron reviewed the remaining items to be accomplished before publishing the new format handbook and the main issue was completing the pdf of the whole handbook. Dan Klainbaum, Provost webmaster, should complete that soon.
4. The committee adopted the 2004-5 Annual Report with corrections previously distributed by email.
5. Paul Griffin reviewed his proposed changes to Sections 46.3 and 46.4 on Examinations and Quizzes and Progress Report Grades. The committee suggested one minor modification. Paul Griffin planned to get in touch with Kent Barefield to see if he had any further input.
6. Ron reviewed his proposed changes to the anti-harassment policy (Section 37.4) to bring the Faculty Handbook in line with the OHR handbook. He planned to add italics to the words defined in the Definitions subsections for clarity.
7. Ty Herrington promised to have material ready for the committee on Affirmative Action by the next meeting.
8. The committee agreed that the table of authorities for the handbook was good enough to use for the next round.
9. The meeting was adjourned at 10:45 a.m.
Respectfully submitted on Sep. 19, 2005. Approved via email on Sep. 30, 2005
Ron Bohlander, Chair