Academic Services Committee
September 1, 2005
Members Present: Carol Colatrella (LCC), Jeffrey Donnell (ME), Joseph Hoey (OARS), Maureen Kilroy (Grad Office), Jim Sowell (PHYS) Myrtle Turner (GTRI), Jane Weyant (CoE).
Members Absent: Nancey Green Leigh (ARCH), Robert Braga (CHEM). The SGA representative is TBD.
1. The meeting came to order at 1:05 p.m. on September 1, 2005 in the CoE Conference Room of the Tech Tower. The objective of this meeting was to elect officers and to develop an agenda for the year.
2. Jim Sowell was reelected as Chair and Jeffrey Donnell was reelected as Secretary.
3. It was agreed that meetings will be held from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. on the following Wednesdays during Fall of 2005: October 5, November 2, November 30.
4. Members of the committee suggested that the following be placed on the agenda for the year:
· Education technology at GT, including issues such as classroom tools and the integration of different resources across campus.
· The Library, including a review of the West Wing Commons, of print collections and of electronic information resources.
· Professional Education, including an overview of services that are provided and the opportunities that exist for faculty.
· Auxiliary Services, including student health in particular.
· Access for disabled students, faculty and staff, including an overview of the rules that the Institute must follow and the steps that have been taken.
5. The next meeting of the Academic Services Committee will take place at 1:00 p.m. on October 5, 2005 in the GTRI facility at 430 10th St. The guest at that meeting will be John Mullin of Georgia Tech’s Office of Information Technology.
6. The meeting was adjourned at 2:05 p.m.
Jeffrey Donnell, Secretary