Student Activities Agenda

February 2, 2007

 

Members Present: Nancy Simons (Faculty Member), Tom Morley (Faculty Member), Danielle McDonald (Student Affairs representative, Secretary), Brent Carter (Faculty member, Chair), Mary-Frances Panettiere (Faculty Member), SGA representatives – Thomas Earnest, Mark Youngblood, Adam Brancato

 

Members Absent: Robert Wood (Executive Board Liaison), Rob Butera (Faculty member

 

Call Meeting to Order

 

I.        Approve minutes of Nov 3 and Dec 8

Adam moved and Tom seconded the motion to approve the minutes

 

Unanimously approved

 

II. Charters for consideration

           

Women’s Leadership Conference – Kati Lawrence

Discussion:  added eligibility statement, clarified when advisors would be selected

 

Thomas moved and Adam seconded the motion to approve the charter with stipulated changes

 

Unanimously approved

           

Graduate Student Pub Club – Adam Brancato

Discussion:  clarified when advisors would be selected

 

Nancy moved and Tom seconded the motion to approve the charter with stipulated changes

 

Unanimously approved

 

Women’s Multicultural Society – Kimberly Bukenkamp

Discussion:  identified that officers take office in spring, clarified how dues will be set,

 

Mary-Frances moved and Nancy seconded the motion to approve the charter with stipulated changes

 

Unanimously approved

 

Veritas Forum – Jeffrey Stables

Discussion:  clarified that dues will be set at the beginning of Fall semeser

 

Adam moved and Mary-Frances seconded the motion to approve the charter with stipulated changes

 

Unanimously approved

 

Alpha Iota Omicron- Liju Varughese and Karan Jhurani

Discussion:  clarified the difference in process of elections for chairs and committees

 

Thomas moved and Mark seconded the motion to approve the charter with stipulated changes

 

Unanimously approved

 

           

Sigma Beta Rho - Vedant Gupta

Discussion:  clarified elections process, other minor clarifications

 

Thomas moved and Nancy seconded the motion to approve the charter with stipulated changes

 

Unanimously approved

 

III. Other Business

            Update on WREK radio – Danielle shared that the Radio Communications Board is hearing from different GPB and PBA regarding their proposals for collaborations with WREK.  They are also doing a market survey.  RCB will then make a decision as to how they want to proceed.  Jim Fetig will then make a recommendation to Dr. Clough

           

Student Organizations / Departmental Sponsored programs – Brent will contact the heads of these areas (Student Center, Student Involvement, Housing, CRC, Greek Life) to get any changes in policies regarding student activities.  He will give them until May 1 to get those to SAC.  SAC will review over the summer.