Academic Services Committee
Members Present: Lauren Ashman (ISyE), Carol Colatrella (LCC), Jeffrey Donnell (ME), Lynn Fountain (GTRI), Joseph Hoey (OARS), Tom Horton (GTRI), Maureen Kilroy (GS&R), Jerry O’Brien (CoS).
Members Absent: Jim Sowell (PHYS) Jane Weyant (CoE)
Visitors: Rosalind Meyers, Associate VP Auxiliary Services
Bobby Pearson, Director of the Georgia Tech Bookstore
1. Lynn Fountain called the meeting to order at
2. It was noted that the minutes of the November, 2002 meeting of the Committee had already been approved via e-mail.
Rosalind Meyers and
Bobby Pearson updated the committee on the Georgia Tech Bookstore’s upcoming
The new bookstore will open for business on
The move from the current facility will begin on
· There will be no interruptions in service during the transition period.
The existing bookstore facility will later be modified to house student
organizations; the projected modifications will also include an indoor
connection to the
· There will be a parking deck with 1550 spaces for Tech-registered cars.
A shuttle bus system will connect
· An online service will monitor this system, allowing users to determine how long they might have to wait for the next bus.
· This new shuttle system may necessitate increased fees for transportation.
The Committee will next meet on
5. The meeting was adjourned at
Jeffrey Donnell, Secretary