Institute Undergraduate Curriculum Committee
26 April 2006
College of Engineering Conference Room
PRESENT: †Williams (ECE), Parsons (MGT), Ferri (ME), Pikowsky (Registrar), Webster (CEE), Guzdial (CoC), Bottomley (CHEM)
VISITORS: Bradd (Registrar), McDonald (ODOS), Johnson-Marshall (ODOS), Griffin (PTFE), Cook (PTFE), Drummond (ARCH), Allen (COA), Corso (PSYC)
1. A motion was made to approve requests from the School of Polymer, Textile, & Fiber Engineering to change the name of their certificate/minor program and to change the PTFE 4108 course requirement for the current FEM minor program. The motion was seconded and approved.
Change Name of Minor/Certificate
Old: Fiber Enterprise Management†
New: Polymer/Fiber Enterprise Management (P/FEM)
Change in Course Requirement
PTFE 4108 course requirement for the current FEM minor program changed to a restricted elective requirement
2. A motion was made to approve a request from the School of Psychology to change to the BS undergraduate program. The motion was seconded and approved.
∑ Replace CS 1321 with either CS 1301 or CS 1371
∑ Replace CS 1322 with CS 1371 if CS 1371 was not taken to replace CS 1321
∑ Change credit hours for PSYC 4601 from 3 hours to 4 hours (Note: This is a new senior thesis course that was just approved this semester.)
3. A motion was made to approve a request from the College of Architecture for a new course. The motion was seconded and approved.
CP 4105 Land Conservation 3-0-3
4. The following informational item was noted.† No objections or concerns were raised.
Eight term plans are being updated to reflect the course number changes for CS 1321 and 1322.† The Registrarís Office did not deem it necessary to bring forth individual curricular changes for this item.
5. The summary of actions acted on petitions is provided in a separate document.
6. The Acting Chair suggested a called meeting for Friday, April 28 to complete review of the remaining petitions.† The Registrar was assigned the task of organizing the called meeting.†