Institute Undergraduate Curriculum Committee
Full Committee (Academic Matters, Appeals, and Petitions)
18 April 2007
3:15 PM - 5:00 PM
President’s Suite A, Student Success Center
Present: Barke (PUBP), Benkeser (BME), Ferri (ME), Guzdial (IC), Parsons (MGT), Pikowsky (REG), Seitzman (AE), Stasko (CoC), Webster (CEE), Wong (MGT)
Visitors: Bradd (REG), Corso (PSYC), Howson (REG), Johnson-Marshall (ODOS) Plummer (EAS)
Note: All action items in these minutes require approval by the Academic Senate. In some instances, items may require further approval by the Board of Regents or the University System of Georgia. If the Regents' approval is required, the change is not official until notification is received from the Board to that effect. Items that are marked below with an asterisk (*) require USG and/or BOR approval and are not official until approval has been received. Academic units should take no action on these items until USG and/or BOR approval is secured. In addition, units should take no action on any of the items below until these minutes have been approved by the Academic Senate or the Executive Board.
1. The Committee heard one in-person appeal from a student. The result was as follows.
· Late selective withdrawal, Spring 2005 – APPROVED
2. A motion was made to approve a request from the School of Public Policy for a new course. The motion was seconded and approved.
PUBP 3502 Information and Communications Technology Policy 3-0-3
Note: The course approval form was revised to indicate usage of all three grade modes.
3. A motion was made to approve a request from the School of Psychology for participation in the International Plan. The motion was seconded and approved.
4. A motion was made to approve a request from the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences for participation in the International Plan. The motion was seconded and approved.
5. The petitions summary is as follows.
Student Petitions Considered and Voted-Upon by the Committee
The committee reviewed petitions tabled from the previous meeting as well as new petitions. All were approved except as noted:
1-award of degree posthumously for Spring or Summer 2007
2-permission to cross-register with Kennesaw State as Sophomore
2-permission to cross-register with GA State as Freshman
3-concurrent enrollment with GPC (3 denied)
1-to change basis of course in INTA 2100, Fall 2006 to letter /grade
1-to accept late grade change in GERM 3813, Fall 2005
2-medical withdrawal, Spring 2007
2-late Spring 2007 withdrawal (2 denied)
4-to waive the 36-hour rule (1 denied)
3-to exceed maximum number of credit hours allowed Summer 2007 (1 denied)
2-to exceed maximum number of credit hours allowed Fall 2007
1-Summer readmission after first drop (denied)
Petitions Handled by Administrative Decision
The following petitions met the guidelines for “Administrative Action,” and were decided by the registrar under the authority granted to her by the Committee. All were approved except as noted:
2-Summer 2007 readmission after first drop
4-to return Summer 2007 after withdrawing Spring
1-to use the “D” grade in MATH 15012 towards degree