Institute Undergraduate Curriculum Committee
Full Committee (Academic Matters and Appeals)
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Present:††††††††† Schatz (PHYS), Colton (ME), Tone (HTS), Barke (PUBP), Stein (ODOS), Weinberg (ARCH), Agrawal (ChBE), Seitzman (AE), †Benkeser (BME), Riley (ECE), Kubanek (BIOL), Parsons (MGT), Bottomley (CHEM), Chang (MGT)
Visitors:††††††††† Bradd (REG), Ohne (CEISMC), Spencer (CETL), Llewellyn (CETL), Howson (REG)
Note: All action items in these minutes require approval by the Academic Senate. In some instances, items may require further approval by the Board of Regents or the University System of Georgia. If the Regents' approval is required, the change is not official until notification is received from the Board to that effect. Items that are marked below with an asterisk (*) require USG and/or BOR approval and are not official until approval has been received. Academic units should take no action on these items until USG and/or BOR approval is secured. In addition, units should take no action on any of the items below until these minutes have been approved by the Academic Senate or the Executive Board.
1. A motion was made to approve a proposal from CETL to approve CETL 4801, CETL 4802, and CETL 4803 as Special Topics courses. The motion was seconded and approved.
Note: CETL is encouraged to provide some text for the course description part of the Course Proposal Form. They can consult other unitís catalog text for such courses. These courses are usually conducted in conjunction with an academic unit on campus and the CETL label makes the transcript clear that this course is not a technical course in the receiving academic unit.
2. A motion was made to approve a proposal from CETL to allow Free Elective credit for CETL 4001 and 4002 which are primarily theory and application in the teaching of Math, Science, Engineering and Technology for K-12 students. The motion was seconded and approved.
Note: This proposal was approved with the understanding that this would cover students who have previously completed the course.
3. A motion was made to table a proposal for new course, EAS 4625.† The motion was seconded and approved.
4. Informational Items on deactivation of ME courses was presented and accepted.
5. A motion was made to deny an in-person appeal of a petition to have the Summer 2007 withdrawn after the deadline. The motion was seconded and approved.† APPEAL DENIED
6. A motion was made to deny an in-person appeal of a petition to be readmitted after the second drop without sitting out the required number of terms.† The motion was seconded and approved.†† APPEAL DENIED