Georgia Institute of Technology
Institute Undergraduate Curriculum Committee
Petitions (Full Committee) Summary
Monday, August 21, 2006
Present: Barke (PUBP), Bottomley (CHEM), Ferri (ME), Parsons (MGT), Pikowsky (REG), Schatz (PHYS), Seitzman (AE), (ARCH), Stasko (CoC),Tone (HTS), Webster (CEE), Weinberg (ARCH), Williams (ECE), Wong (MGT), Riley (ECE)
Visitors: Gordon (Assessment Office), Stein (ODOS)
1. Jon Gordon from the Assessment Office described the program review process for AY 2006-2007.
2. Dr. Paul Benkeser was elected Chair for the AY 2006-2007 Committee.
3. Dr. Charles Parsons was elected Vice Chair for the AY 2006-2007 Committee.
4. Subcommittee assignments were determined for the AY 2006-2007 Committee. Members not present were contacted by email.
5. The meeting calendar for AY 2006-2007 was adopted with one minor change. The meetings will start at 3:00 PM instead of 3:15 PM as indicated on the draft calendar.
6. A motion was made and seconded to authorize the Chair and Registrar to make administrative decisions in urgent situations between terms or between meetings as necessary. The motion was approved.
1. Student Petitions Considered and Voted-Upon by the Committee
The committee heard 1 in-person appeal and reviewed 26 petitions. All were approved except as noted:
1-appeal for readmission after second drop (denied)
11- late withdrawals (3 denied)
4-to register for more that required hours, Fall 2006 (2 denied)
1-to request readmission after second drop (denied)
2-to request readmission after first drop (2 denied)
2-readmission Fall 2006 (2 denied)
1-to receive humanities credit for MUSI 2522
1-retroactive permission for concurrent enrollment Summer 2006
2. Petitions Handled by Administrative Decision
The following petitions met the guidelines for “Administrative Action,” and were decided by the registrar under the authority granted to her by the Committee. All were approved except as noted:
12-Fall 2006 readmission (1 denied)
3-Spring 2007 readmission
9-approved to return Fall 2006 after withdrawing Summer
9/5/2006 8:39 AM