MINUTES OF THE GRADUATE CURRICULUM COMMITTEE MEETING
April 5, 2005
PRESENT: Caulfield (CHEM), McIver (REG), Murray (LCC), Nagao (MGT-for Parsons), Peponis (ARCH), Smith (AE), Venkateswaran (COC), Zhou (ME)
VISITORS: Jarrett (ARCH), Kilroy (Grad Studies), Potts (Grad Adms)
1. A motion was made to approve the minutes of the February 24, 2005 as corrected. The motion was seconded and approved. Unanimous.
2. A motion was made to accept the report of the sub-committee that reviews petitions. The motion was seconded and approved. Unanimous.
3. The Committee heard three petitions that were referred by the sub-committee to the full committee. One of the three will be held for needed information.
4. The COLLEGE OF ARCHITECTURE requested the following changes to the Master of architecture degree. A motion was made to approve the changes. The motion was seconded and approved. Unanimous.
Change ARCH 4303 from a required course to an elective course. Add an additional credit hour to each of the required design studios.
ARCH 6051 Architecture Options I (1-15-6)
ARCH 6052 Architecture Options II (1-15-6)
ARCH 6053 Architecture Options III (1-15-6)
5. A motion was made to table the request for the new courses, ME/ECE 67XX. The motion was seconded and approved. (5-0-1)
6. The SCHOOL OF LITERATURE, COMMUNICATION and CULTURE requested the following new courses. A motion was made to approve the request. The motion was seconded and approved. Unanimous.
LCC 8813 Advanced Issues in Interactive Narrative (3-0-3)
LCC 8831-2-3 Special Topics in the Technology of Representation (1-3)
LCC 6325 Game Design and Analysis (3-0-3)
LCC 8823 Special Topics in Game Design and Analysis (3-0-3)
LCC 6330 Expressive Virtual Space (3-0-3)
LCC 6340 Mixed Reality Experience Design (2-3-3)
LCC 6350 The Spatial Construction of Meaning (3-0-3)
7. The curriculum reviews for Polymer, Textile and Fiber Engineering, Civil and Environmental Engineering and Economics were distributed for review.
M. Jo McIver