MINUTES OF THE GRADUATE CURRICULUM COMMITTEE MEETING
November 1, 2001
Members Present: Green (MATH), Hayes (ECE), Hertel (ME), Jagoda (ECE), Kahn (Liaison to Exec Board), Lee (ME), McCracken (COC), McIver (REG), Parsons (MGT), Peterson (ECE), Schwartz (Student), Venkateswaran (COC), Will ( CEE)
Visitors: Ahamad (COC), Barke (IAC), Crouse (IPST), Kilroy (GS&R), Klein (PUBP for Ann Bostrom), Teja (ChE)
1. Andy Peterson was selected to represent the Graduate Curriculum Committee on the Institutional Committee for Assessment of Academic Programs.
2. A motion was made to support a change of name for the department of Health and Performance Science to Applied Physiology. The motion was seconded and approved. Unanimous.
3. The Department of Health and Performance Science requested the approval of the Master of Science in Prosthetics and Orthotics. After discussion, especially concerning the practicum courses, a motion was made to table the request and have HPS address the issues raised by the Committee. The revised request would be voted on by e-mail if all issues seemed to be satisfactorily addressed, as determined by the committee chair. The motion was seconded and approved. Unanimous.
4. The Institute of Paper Science and Technology and the School Chemical Engineering requested the approval of a dual degree program. The student would earn a Master of Science from IPST and a Master of Science in Chemical Engineering. The two degrees would share a common thesis. After much discussion, a motion was made to approve the request. The motion was seconded and approved. Unanimous.
5. The College of Engineering requested the approval of the Master of Science in Information Security. After discussion, a motion was made to approve the request. The motion was seconded and approved. Unanimous.
M. Jo McIver