MINUTES OF THE GRADUATE CURRICULUM COMMITTEE MEETING
PRESENT: Bidstrup (ChE), Bostrom (PUBP), Craig (AE), Green (MATH) Hertling (ECE), McIver (REG), Parker (ISYE), Parsons (MGT), Sanders (MSE), VenKateswaran (COC), Will (CEE)
VISITORS: Kilroy (Grad Studies)
1. The Committee heard an appeal of a petition. A motion was made to table the appeal, pending additional information from the department.
2. A motion was made to accept the sub-committee’s report on petitions. The motion was seconded and approved. Unanimous.
3. The School of Biology requested the approval of new courses. The request was tabled.
4. The School of Biomedical Engineering requested a blanket approval to allow BMED 9000 to be substituted for BMED 7000 for the MS BMED degree. The motion was seconded and approved. 6 yes, 3 no votes.
5. The committee reviewed 25 petitions, all were approved except noted:
4-to be re-admitted spring 2004
5-to waive 6/7-year rule
10-to withdraw past deadline
3-to return spring 2004 after withdrawing fall 2003
1-to waive residency requirements
1-to change the basis of course to pass/fail
1-to use credit of course for other course
M. Jo McIver