MINUTS OF THE GRADUATE CURRICULUM COMMITTEE MEETING
April 22, 2004
PRESENT: Bostrom (SPP), Craig (AE), Green (MATH), Hertling (ECE), McIver (REG), Parker (ISYE), Parsons (MGT), Venkateswaran (COC), Will (CEE)
VISITORS: Kilroy (VPR & GS), Nagao (MGT)
1. A motion was made to approve the minutes of the April 8, 2004 meeting. The motion was seconded and approved. Unanimous.
2. The sub-committee presented the report on the petitions that were reviewed. A motion was made to accept the report. The motion was seconded and approved. Unanimous.
3. The Committee heard a personal appeal of a denied petition and reviewed additional petitions referred to the full Committee by the sub-committee.
4. The Chair reported that Industrial Design had not done an external review, so the Committee would not be doing a program review on that degree. Two reviews would be circulated to the Committee for review.
5. The College of Management requested the following new courses. A motion was made to approve the request. The motion was seconded and approved. Unanimous.
MGT 7306 Buyer Behavior (3-0-3)
Mgt 7307 Marketing Theory (3-0-3)
Mgt 6308 Strategic Brand Management (3-0-3)
Mgt 6362 Supply Chain Modeling and Revenue Management (3-0-3)
Mgt 8821 Special Topics in Management (1.5-0-1.5)
6. The following course was omitted from the February 26, 2004 minutes.
CS 6451 Introduction to Human-Centered Computing (3-0-3)
7. The committee reviewed 17 petitions and covering 20 actions. All were approved except noted:
6-to waive 6-year rule
3-to change status of course/standing (1denied)
6-to withdraw from course(s) past deadline
5-to count courses taken as special student
M. Jo McIver