MINUTES OF THE GRADUATE CURRICULUM COMMITTEE MEETING
August 26, 2004
PRESENT: Allen (ChE), Craig (AE), McIver (REG), Parker (ISYE), Parsons (MGT), Peponis (ARCH), Sanders (MSE), Saunders (CEE), Smith (AE) VenKateswaran (COC), Zhou (ME)
1. A motion was made to approve the minutes of the July 29, 2004 meeting. The motion was seconded and approved. Unanimous.
2. A motion was made to elect Bill Green chair for the 2004-5 year. The motion was seconded and approved. Unanimous.
3. A motion was made to elect Tom Sanders vice chair for the 2004-5 year. The motion was seconded and approved. Unanimous.
4. Gary Parker agreed to continue as liaison to the Institute Review Committee. Tome Sanders agreed to continue as liaison to the Studies Abroad Committee.
5. Two new program reviews were distributed for review. Mike Saunders and Marilyn Smith will review Biomedical Engineering. John Peponis and Tom Sanders will review Literature, Communication and Culture.
6. The following new courses were approved by the Committee on July 29, 2004, but were not included in the minutes.
APPH 6211 - Systems Physiology I :
Cellular Mechanisms of Plasticity (3-0-3)
APPH 6212 - Systems Physiology II : Physiology of Neuromotor Tissues (3-0-3)
APPH 6213 - Systems Physiology III : Integrated Systems and Adaptation (3-0-3)
APPH 6225 - Biostatistics (3-0-3)
APPH 6230 - Exercise Metabolism (3-0-3)
APPH 6231 - Biomechanical Aspects of Human Motor Control (3-0-3)
APPH 6232 - Locomotion Neuromechanics (3-0-3)
APPH 6233 - The Aging Movement Control System (3-0-3)
APPH 6234 - Physical Activity as a Human Behavior (3-0-3)
APPH 6235 - Mechanics and Pathomechanics of Movement Control (3-0-3)
APPH 8000 - Seminar (3-0-3)
APPH 8813 - Special Topics (3-0-3)
APPH 8823 - Special Topics (3-0-3)
APPH 8833 - Special Topics (3-0-3)
APPH 8997 - Teaching Assistanceship (1 - 21 hours) audit only
APPH 9000 - Doctoral Thesis (1 - 21 hours) pass/fail only
M. Jo McIver