Academic Services Committee
Members Present: Lauren Ashman (ISyE), Jeffrey Donnell (ME), Lynn Fountain (GTRI), Joseph Hoey (OARS), Maureen Kilroy (GS&R), Jerry O’Brien (CoS), Jim Sowell (PHYS), Jane Weyant (CoE).
Members Absent: Carol Colatrella (LCC), Tom Horton (GTRI)
Visitor: Dr. Bill Wepfer, Associate Provost for Distance Learning and Professional Education
1. Lynn Fountain called the meeting to order at
Bill Wepfer described his vision for Distance Learning and
Professional Education (DLPE) after it has occupied its new facility in
Short Courses and Conferences:
· To continue GT’s partnerships with Georgia-based companies to provide training and education for employees. New programs will be developed as needed for new industries in the state.
· To increase GT’s presence in K-12 education.
· To double revenue and CEUs by the year 2008.
Distance-Delivered Degree Programs:
· To increase the number of programs offering distance-delivered MS degrees.
· To market and promote GT’s distance-delivered degrees within state, nationally and internationally.
· Within five years, to increase enrollment in distance degree programs to 1000 per year, with 200 MS degrees granted per year.
· To become a leader in educational pedagogy and the delivery of distance education.
· To expand Georgia Tech’s international outreach.
· To provide educational outreach to Georgia Tech’s research partners.
The Committee will next meet on
4. The meeting was adjourned at
Jeffrey Donnell, Secretary