Welfare and Security Committee
A. French Building, Room 210 3:00PM
WSC Members Present: Mary Ann Ingram, Chair (ECE);Carole Moore (Provost); (GTRC); Jane Weyant (COE); Jilda Garton (GTRC), Tom Akins (DOPP) ex-officio, and Gail Palmer (ECE) . Guests: Sharon Jackson (accounts payable manager) and Joel Hercik (Associate VP-Financial Srvcs) were also present.
1. The minutes of the January 8, 2005 meeting were read and approved.
2. Sharon Jackson, accounts payable manager, Joel Hercik, Associate VP-Financial Services, briefed the committee on issues relating to Georgia Tech personnel traveling polices. Regarding contact information for Georgia Tech personnel who are traveling:
In response to a question regarding how restricted the information in the data base is, Ms. Jackson responded that any database that GT makes would be subject to the Open Records Act.
In response to a question regarding the purchase of umbrella insurance by Georgia Tech, Ms. Jackson reported that insurance for emergency evacuations and re-patriation is purchased by individuals. Ms. Jackson also indicated that GTRC has some insurance for those traveling on research.
3. Mary Ann Ingram will send a follow-up letter to Leon McGinnis of the Georgia Tech Executive Board regarding how best to express this committee’s disapproval of the Parking Rate hike.
4. Gail Palmer reported that the ad hoc AED committee has evaluated presentations from six companies regarding their AED equipment and installation/maintenance and training programs. The ad hoc AED committee will select the top three companies to give presentations of their products and services.
8. No date was set for the next meeting of the Welfare and Security Committee.