Academic Services Committee
Members Present: Lynn Fountain (GTRI), Tom Horton (GTRI), Joseph Hoey (Acad AFF), Maureen Kilroy (GS&R), Jim Sowell (PHYS), Jane Weyant (CoE)
Members Absent: Carol Colatrella (LCC), Beth Carey (EAS/GS), Jerry O’Brien (CoS)
Visitors: Ron Bohlander (GTRI)
1. Ron Bohlander, former Chair, called the meeting to order at
2. The committee elected Lynn Fountain as the committee chair.
3. Ron Bohlander made a brief presentation on the status of the recommendations from the Distance Learning and Intellectual Property Sub-committee. The recommendations are scheduled to be presented to the Academic Senate and General Faculty in October.
4. The chair presented the
final draft of a resolution from the Academic Services Committee to the General
Faculty supporting combined funding for the renovation of the West Library
Commons area and the Innovative Learning Resource Center (ILCR) was presented
to the committee. The resolution is to
be presented at the joint General Faculty/Academic Senate meeting on
5. Rosalind Meyers, Associate VP-Auxillary Services, has requested faculty members to serve on an advisory board for the new library.
6. The committee tentatively agreed to meet on the first Tuesday of each month, with the exception of November when the meeting is delayed one week to avoid elections.
7. The next meeting is
tentatively scheduled for on
8. The meeting was adjourned at
Lynn Fountain, Chair