Academic Services Committee
Minutes of September 11, 2000
Members Present: Ron Bohlander (GTRI); Maureen Kilroy (GS&R); Nancey Green Leigh (Arch); Jack Marr (Psych); Chris Martin (GStu); Jerry O’Brien (CoS)
Members Absent: Carol Colatrella (LCC); Bonnie Heck (ECE); Mark Richards (GTRI); Gordon Wishon (OIT)
- Ron Bohlander called the meeting to order at 3:00 p.m.
- Nancy Green Leigh was elected Chair and Jerry O'Brien was elected Secretary of the committee. Jack Marr was appointed Chair of the Classroom Subcommittee and Carol Colatrella will continue as Chair of the Library Subcommittee.
- The purpose and scope of the Committee’s authority was presented and discussed.
- The committee elected to invite key people from Continuing Education to address the committee at the next meeting. After that, further discussion will be given to future topics. The new Dean and Director of the Library will be invited as a guest after he has the opportunity to settle into the position.
- Ron Bohlander will present the 1999-2000 annual report of the Committee at the General Faculty meeting scheduled on October 10, 2000.
- The next three meetings were scheduled at 2:00 p.m. on October 9, November 13 and December 11 in the electronics Research Building conference room 114.
The meeting was adjourned at 3:45 p.m.
Jerry O'Brien, Secretary