GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
CALLED MEETING OF THE GENERAL FACULTY
SCHEDULED MEETINGS OF THE GENERAL FACULTY ASSEMBLY
AND THE ACADEMIC SENATE
Tuesday, February 6, 2006, 3:00 pm
Student Center Theater
1. Opening Remarks by the President.
2. Approval of Minutes of previous meetings – November 28, 2006. [Attachment #1]
3. Announcement about nominations for faculty standing committees and Executive Board (Akins) [Attachment #4]
4. Proposal to add Athletics Professionals and Post Docs to membership in the General Faculty (Donbaugh and Hughes) [Attachment #2]
5. Approval of Minutes of Standing Committees of the Academic Senate. [Attachment #3]
a. Student Regulations Committee: 11/16/06
b. Undergraduate Curriculum: 11/29/06, 12/06/06, 12/13/06, 01/08/07, 01/17/07 [Action Items: From 01/17/07: In LCC a new Minor has been added in Film and Media Studies and LCC will participate in Research Option; BS degrees in College of Architecture change to BS in Architecture; in Pub. Policy 3 courses added and 6 deactivated; in Co-Op program 7 courses added and 17 deactivated; in HTS, course requirements for degree changed, along with 4 courses added to catalog, 1 replacement, and 1 renumbered; changes in some administrative procedures relating to petitions].
6. Approval of Minutes of Standing Committees of the General Faculty. [Attachment #3]
a. Academic Services Committee: 11/14/06
b. Faculty Benefits: 03/30/06, 9/11/06, 10/11/06
7. Any Other Business.
Ronald A. Bohlander
Secretary of the Faculty
Jan. 30, 2007, Updated on Feb. 2 & 5, 2007
Links to cited documents: