GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
COMBINED MEETING OF THE
ACADEMIC SENATE and GENERAL FACULTY ASSEMBLY
CALLED MEETING OF THE GENERAL FACULTY
Tuesday, September 13, 2005, 3:00 pm, Student Center Theater
1. Opening Remarks by the President.
2. Approval of Minutes of previous meeting(s):
3. Proposed Honors Program (Nobles/Engle) [Attachments #4 & 5]
4. Impact of Export Controls on Academic and Research programs (Rary) [Attachment #3]
5. Procedures for faculty resolution of Academic Honor Code Violations (Morley)
6. Approval of Minutes of Standing Committees of the General Faculty [see link to web site listing #2 below]
a. Statutes: 07/19/05
b. Academic Services: 04/07/05
c. Welfare & Security: 03/18/05; 04/27/05
7. Approval of Minutes of Standing Committees of the Academic Senate [see link to web site listing #2 below]
a. Undergraduate Curriculum: 04/06/05; 04/27/05; 05/04/05; 05/16/05; 06/15/05; 07/13/05; 07/27/05
b. Graduate Curriculum: Item #5 of 02/24/05; 04/26/05; 06/30/05; 07/28/05 [Action Items: New Courses in ME/ECE, and ARCH (04/26/05); New Courses in CEE, ISyE, and MATH; Participation of ISyE in the Bioinformatics PhD Program; Establishment of Dual MS program in ECE with Shanghai Jiao Tong University (06/30/05); Clarification of Policy on hour loads for graduate students (item #5 of 02/24/05 tabled from 04/19/05 Academic Senate meeting)].
c. Student Activities: 09/28/04; 10/26/04; 02/24/05, 05/05/05
8. Any Other Business.
Secretary of the Faculty
September 13th, 2005
Links to cited documents: