GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
FALL MEETING OF THE ACADEMIC SENATE
CALLED MEETING OF THE GENERAL FACULTY
Tuesday, November 28, 2006, 3:00 pm
Student Center Theater
1. Opening Remarks by the President.
2. Approval of Minutes of previous meetings -- October 10, 2006. [Attachment #1]
3. Student Habitat for Humanity Project (Sangster)
4. Presentation of Degree Candidates. (Pikowsky)
reading of proposed changes to Statutes concerning faculty membership (
6. Proposed Student Code of Conduct revision (McGarity and Streator) [Attachment #3]
7. Approval of Minutes of Standing Committees of the Academic Senate. [Attachment #4]
a. Student Regulations Committee: Minutes supporting agenda item 6.
b. Undergraduate Curriculum: 10/4/06, 10/18/06, 10/25/06, 11/8/06 [Action Items: Changes in prereqs for CS classes, changes in course requirements for BS in CS and BS in computational media; new course in INTA; new requirements for BS in Econ and INTA; change to prelaw minor and certificate in Public Policy; changes to approved courses in ROTC; new research options in mathematics; new courses, curriculum, and minimum standards in MSE (10/4/06); AE to participate in research option; new courses in biology; cross-listed course for ChBE, Chem & BMED ].
c. Graduate Curriculum: 10/26/06, 11/16/06 [with Action Items: New course in ChBE and Chem (10/26/06); reduction in hours for MBA; cross listing of a CS course in Math and ISyE; new course in ChBE, Chem, and BMED; course changes in Mgt; new courses in Biol (11/16/06).]
8. Approval of Minutes of Standing Committees of the General Faculty. [Attachment #4]
a. Academic Services: 10/10/06
9. Remaining Annual Reports of Standing Committees for 2005-06 [Attachment #5]
a. Faculty Honors (Hunt)
b. Faculty Status and Grievance (Rodgers)
10. Any Other Business.
Ronald A. Bohlander
Secretary of the Faculty
November 22, 2006
Links to cited documents: