GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
FALL MEETING OF THE ACADEMIC SENATE
CALLED MEETING OF THE GENERAL FACULTY
Tuesday, November 29, 2005, 3:00 pm
Student Center Theater
1. Opening Remarks by the President.
2. Approval of Minutes of previous meetings -- October 11, 2005. [Attachment #1]
3. Presentation of Degree Candidates. (Pikowsky)
4. Preliminary Report of the Ad Hoc Committee on Multi-Campus Governance. (Hayes)
5. Student Petitions and Workload Management for Standing Committees. (Wills/Green/Barefield)
6. Information Technology Infrastructure to support Faculty and Students (Hutchins/Hunt)
7. Approval of Minutes of Standing Committees of the Academic Senate. [Attachment #2]
a. Undergraduate Curriculum: 08/22/05; 08/29/05; 09/07/05; 09/21/05; 10/19/05 [Action Items: New Courses in MGT and PHYS; and Changes in Degree Requirements for BS ISyE (09/07/05)].
b. Graduate Curriculum: 08/25/05; 09/27/05; 10/27/05 [Action Items: Policy on double counting of course work between undergraduate and graduate levels (08/25/05); New Courses in PHYS and CEE (10/27/05)]
c. Student Academic & Financial Affairs: 8/25/05; 9/22/05; 10/22/05
8. Approval of Minutes of Standing Committees of the General Faculty. [Attachment #2]
a. Faculty Benefits: 04/18/05; 10/05/05
b. Academic Services: 10/05/05
c. Welfare & Security: 10/04/05
9. Any Other Business.
Secretary of the Faculty
November 27th, 2005
Links to cited documents: