GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
FALL MEETING OF THE ACADEMIC SENATE
CALLED MEETING OF THE GENERAL FACULTY
Student Center Theater
1. Opening Remarks by the Vice Provost.
2. Approval of Minutes of previous meetings; see link to web site listings #1 below:
Combined meeting of the General
Faculty Assembly and Academic Senate (
Fall meeting of the General Faculty
and General Faculty Assembly (
3. First reading of proposed modifications to the Statutes related to increasing the size of the Student Honor Committee and formation of a new Committee on Academic Integrity; see link to web site listing #2 below (Marc Smith)
4. Report of the Distance Learning Intellectual Property Subcommittee of the Academic Services Committee; see link to web site listing#3 below (Ron Bohlander)
5. Report on tracking of foreign students and impact on admissions process; see link to web site listing #6 below (Sheila Schulte)
6. Presentation of Degree Candidates. (Jo McIver, Registrar)
7. Annual Reports of Standing Committees of the Academic Faculty; see link to web site listing #4 below:
a. Undergraduate Curriculum Committee (Hughes)
b. Graduate Curriculum Committee (Green)
c. Student Regulations Committee (Benkeser)
d. Student Academic and Financial Affairs Committee (Begovic)
e. Student Activities Committee (Carter)
f. Student Grievance and Appeal Committee (Shook)
g. Student Honor Committee (Contant)
h. Student Computer Ownership Committee (McClellan)
8. Approval of Minutes of Standing Committees of the Academic Senate; see link to web site #5 below.
a. Undergraduate Curriculum: September 18, 2002; October 9, 2002; October 16, 2002; November 4, 2002; November 13, 2002 [Action items: modifications to BSHTS, BSBIOL, and BSAE; new courses in AE, ARCH, and INTN; modifications to BSPSYC, BSMSE, BSBME, BSPFE, BSCS, BSME, BSNRE, BSBC, undesignated BS, and BSEE; new courses in SPAN, GERM, MSE, MATH, CS, ARCH, BC, COA, and ECE; new minors in Architectural History and Multi-Disciplinary Design/Arts History; designation of CS 1315 as satisfying the general education requirements in computer literacy]
b. Graduate Curriculum: August 29, 2002; September 26, 2002; October 10, 2002; November 14, 2002 [Action items: five-year BS-MS programs in AE and CHE; non-thesis option for MS in CHE; new courses in AE, BMED, and MATH; non-thesis option for MS in BC; delete MS in TFE and TFC; change major from TFE to PTFE; change in admission policy for certain students; course number changes for special topics classes; five-year BS-MS program in TFE, new courses in EAS, BC, ARCH, and CETL; deactivation of courses in EAS, ARCH, and CP].
9. Any Other Business.
Secretary of the Faculty
Links to cited documents:
1.Minutes of Faculty meetings
3.Report of the Distance Learning Intellectual Property Subcommittee of the Academic Services Committee.
4.Annual Reports of Standing Committees for 2001-2002: http://www.facultysenate.gatech.edu/CommittMin001-002.htm
5.Minutes of Standing Committees for 2002-2003: http://www.facultysenate.gatech.edu/CommittMin002-003.htm