GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
FALL MEETING OF THE ACADEMIC SENATE
Thursday, November 17, 2011, 3:00 pm
Student Center Theater
1. Call to Order and Opening Remarks Provost Bras
2. Approval of minutes of previous meeting October 4, 2011
3. Presentation of Degree Candidates Ms. Reta Pikowsky, Registrar
4. Announcements concerning the Georgia Tech Charitable Campaign Mr. Tom Horton, Chair
5. News on intercollegiate athletics from Georgia Techs Athletics Director, Mr. Dan Radakovich
6. Presentation of pending minutes of Standing Committees of the Academic Senate.
Curriculum (Prof. Jerry Seitzman)
Minutes: 10/4/11, 10/25/11, 11/8/11
Action items. From 10/4: CEE modification in the BS degrees in Civil Engineering and in Environmental Engineering, changing elective options + 1 new course. From 11/8: INTA 1 course deactivated & new certificate in Scenarios, Models, and Military Games; ISyE modification in the BSIE degree regarding course requirements; Modern Languages 4 new courses & a new minor in Korean language; AE, ECE, ME, Pub.Pol., Chemistry & Biochemistry, and EAS new minor in Energy Systems; CoC and LCC modification in the BS in Computational Media Interdisciplinary regarding course requirements and consistency with the threading model used by CoC-CS for better compliance with ABET stds; International Plan Committee changes in the International Plan involving modifications in grade requirements, language course requirements, transfer course requirements, and diploma designators; a new approval process and policy covering also nonacademic units offering courses for academic credit.
Curriculum (Prof. Jonathan Clarke)
Minutes: 10/6/11, 11/3/11
Action Items. From 11/3: International Affairs 8 course deactivations; ME 1 new course & 1 cross-listed course with BME; CoC modification in the MS in Information Security covering changes in the specializations offered, in course requirements, & in grade requirements + 2 new courses.
c. Student Academic and Financial Affairs Committee (Prof.
Minutes: 10/11/11. No action items.
7. Any Other Business.
Ronald A Bohlander
Secretary of the Faculty
November 17, 2011