GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
SCHEDULED MEETING OF THE
ACADEMIC FACULTY SENATE
Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 3:00 pm
Student Center Theater
1. Call to Order and Opening Remarks – President Peterson
2. Approval of minutes of previous meeting – October 18, 2016
4. Presentation of Degree Candidates – Ms. Reta Pikowsky, Registrar
5. Report of the Faculty Athletics Representative, Prof. Reginald Desroches
6. Classroom Scheduling Task Force presentation – Co-chairs Prof Joe Hughes and Dr. Steven Girardot
7. Approval of minutes and action items of Standing Committees of the Academic Faculty Senate
a. Institute Undergraduate Curriculum Committee – Prof. Rhett Mayor, Chair
Minutes: 11/08/16 Presentation
Action items: From 11/08: Mod Lang: new course; Psychology: new course; Mathematics: degree modification, minor modification; Chemistry and Biochemistry: degree modification-BS Chem, degree mod-BS Biochem, minor mod Biochemistry, minor mod Chemistry, degree mod-BS Chem (Pre-Health Concentration), degree mod-BS Biochem; Pub Policy: collaborative program GT-GSU College of Law for BS/JD Dual Degree program, neww certificate in Intellectual Property, new course; ME: degree mod-BSME; Bldg Construction: new course, certificate mod-Construction Management; Biological Sciences and Psychology: new subject code NEUR and new courses, new degree BS in Neuroscience.
b. Institute Graduate Curriculum Committee – Prof. David Sluss, Vice Chair
Minutes: 11/03/16 Presentation
Action Items: From 11/03: School of Building Construction new degree Master of Real Estate Dev, one new course; CoC, CoE, and CoS: new degree Doctor of Philosophy with a major in Machine Learning.
8. Any other business.
Jeanne H. Balsam
Secretary of the Faculty
November 14, 2016