GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
SCHEDULED MEETING OF THE
ACADEMIC FACULTY, AND
THE ACADEMIC FACULTY SENATE
Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 3:00 pm
Student Center Theater
1. Call to Order and Opening Remarks – Provost Bras
2. Approval of minutes of previous meeting – February 14, 2016
3. Presentation and approval of degree candidates for spring graduation – Ms. Reta Pikowsky, Registrar
4. Academic Scheduling update on recommendations – Co-chairs Prof Joe Hughes, Professor ECE, and Dr. Steven Girardot, Associate Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education
5. Approval of minutes and action items of Standing Committees of the Academic Faculty Senate
a. Institute Undergraduate Curriculum Committee – Prof. Rhett Mayor, Chair
Minutes: 03/07/17, 04/04/17 Presentation
Action items: From 03/07: Ind Design: 2 new courses, degree mod; Arch: 1 new course. From 04/04: Arch: New certificate; CoC: degree mod; CoB: 7 new courses, new certificate, degree mod; BioSci: new BS/MS option; Music: degree mod; BME: new course; ME: degree mod; Schools of IC, AE, ECE, ME, and BME: new Minor in Robotics.
b. Institute Graduate Curriculum Committee – Prof. Victor Breedveld, Vice Chair
Minutes: 03/02/17, 04/06/17 Presentation
Action Items: From 03/02: City and Regional Planning: Degree mod, 2 new courses; Scheller CoB: 8 new courses; CoC: degree mod, 2 new courses. From 04/06: BioSci: new BS/MS track option; Psych: new course; CoC: new course; Schools of Ind Design, IC, LMC, and Psych: degree mod; CoB, CSE, and ISyE degree mod; AE: new course; CoB: degree mod.
c. Student Regulations Committee – Prof. Al Ferri Presentation
Minutes: 01/27/17, 03/17/17
Action Items: From 01/27: Leave of Absence policy. From 03/17: additional guidance for use of Incomplete Grades, add IJ grade to grading policy. From 04/14: New Section VI. D. Satisfactory Academic Progress Toward Degree Completion, new language for IV. Part B: Class Attendance.
6. Any other business.
Jeanne H. Balsam
Secretary of the Faculty
April 17, 2017
Links are provided to read ahead material as available