Welfare and Security Committee
9:00AM, Van Leer Room 218
WSC Members Present: Lionel Lemarchand (ModL), Jane Weyant, (COE), Gail Palmer (ECE), Frank Lambert (ECE), Chair, Mary Ann Ingram (ECE), Tom Akins (DOPP), and Barbara Henry (Executive Board)
Staff Present: Teresa Crocker, Director of Security & Police
1. The Minutes of our
2. The initial meeting of the Campus-wide Committee to address the issue of “Motorized Carts on Campus” will be held later this month. Jane Weyant will represent W&S on this committee.
3. Chief Crocker provided the map of the existing Emergency Call Box locations. The Parents Association’s grant of $25,000 to add approximately eight new call boxes is still pending. This could become an annual allotment to continue to upgrade campus security.
4. Chief Crocker provided a report on several initiatives to address campus crime / safety:
5. The “voluntary” crime orientation sessions provided by the GT Police have not been well attended. We discussed several possibilities to include this information in existing orientation programs for new students. The committee agreed to continue investigate possible ways to accomplish this.
6. Bob Furniss was not able to attend the meeting. We plan to finalize the Parking and Transportation Facts and Issues document at our next meeting and make a presentation to the Academic Senate and General Faculty Assembly on February 3rd at .
7. Our next meeting will be held on Friday, January 30th, at .