Welfare and Security Committee
, TSRB Room 127
WSC Members Present: Lionel Lemarchand (ModL), Gail Palmer (ECE), Jane Weyant, (COE), Frank Lambert (ECE), Chair, Mary Ann Ingram (ECE), Tom Akins (DOPP), Robin Bechtel (Student), and Barbara Henry (Executive Board)
Staff Present: Bob Furniss, Director Parking & Transportation and Teresa Crocker, Director of Security & Police
1. The minutes of our
2. There is not a policy in place to address the use of motorized carts on campus. Teresa Crocker will work with Bob Harty to develop a policy.
3. Chief Crocker provided an update on the North Avenue Research Complex. Her department has been involved in the design process for the new buildings and will assign a full time patrol zone next year. A new canine unit was added in September with capabilities in tracking and explosives.
A new design has been completed for security upgrades to Peters Parking Deck including new security grating and lighting. Based upon the success of this design, the remaining decks will be upgraded. Chief Crocker will review the Campus Safety Task Force Report and bring any remaining issues to us at our next meeting.
4. Our committee plans to host two meetings for the Faculty to listen to Parking and Transportation concerns before the end of Fall Semester on a Tuesday and a Thursday from to . Mary Ann Ingram will develop an Issues list that what will be e-mailed to the faculty announcing the meetings and soliciting questions / comments. Bob Furniss, Director of Parking & Transportation will work with Mary Ann on the information before it is distributed.
5. Access to Emergency Call Boxes was discussed. Chief Crocker will provide a map of the existing locations for our review at the next meeting.
6. Our next meeting is planned for Monday, November 10, at , Van Leer Room 225.